Monday, November 24, 2008

Combat Heroes Firefly vs. Sgt. Bazooka review

Okay, with the Combat Heroes I'm gonna save the best for last.
When I saw the images of the SDCC Snake Eyes, I told my brother that Hasbro would have to make Bazooka. I'm not a fan of either character, but I thought Bazooka would translate well into the designs of the CHes (Combat Heroes). I was right, but if Hasbro is going to put out a character that isn't a core character, how 'bout Shockwave (or Shockblast), Dr Mindbender, or even Sgt Stalker? Oh, well kick back, and please put up with my raving and ranting.

Firefly is the main figure in the set. His design is great, but as I said I'm not a Firefly fan.

Firefly's backpack has great detail. It looks like the 25th backpack. (Maybe that was the idea.)
Like most Combat Heroes, Firefly has 4 points of articulation: The head, the waist, and the arms.

The TNT is okay, but nothing major here.

The rifle is a green version of the one that's with the 25th Firefly. (I know, I know.)


Sgt. Bazooka has the normal points of articulation. His figure is decent, but again not a character I'd really want.

He has the typical '85 backpack, complete with rockets.

The bazooka looks good to me, but it's like the weapons the Joe had in the 90's if you know what I mean. (too big.)

Overall rating: 2 out of 5
I think Hasbro could have waited to put out this set or not at all.
Next: Snake Eyes vs. Zartan!
Yo Joe and Duke94 out.

No comments: