Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lego Agents Mission 7: Deep Sea Quest Review

Okay, let me start by saying that I'm sorry that I didn't get this up sooner. Most have heard about the winter storm that hit part of the U.S. Guess who got stuck in that mess? Me. Ice took the power lines down, so I couldn't get on the computer. Oh, well.
The Deep Sea Quest started out as a set that was available only in countries, foreign to the U.S. Thankfully, Target brought it out as a store exclusive. Let me say, that I don't really like sets that have to do with diving, boats, or anything to that effect, so I will be a little negative on this review.

The mini-figures are Diver Chase, Charge, Break Jaw, and Slime Face. Chase got his spot in this review, and Charge and Break Jaw, here. Chase includes an oxygen tank and , of course, his diving helmet.

Slime Face: The highlight of this set. Slime Face is awesome! His head is great-looking and the slime on his wet-suit is an awesome detail!

A good look at his head.


Slime Face's sea scooter is okay, nothing to talk about.

Chase's scooter is too big, and it looks weird. Lego could have done much better.

The octopus guardian. Well, who's going to let an octopus guard their treasure? BTW, it also glows in the dark. Which is neat, but at night, it freaks me out when I see the light at the left end of the toy shelf.

Break Jaw's boat. Wow. The design is sleek, and it looks almost like a coast guard boat.

There is a rack for the binoculars and harpoon gun on the bow.

In the stern we have a missile. An okay feature, I guess.
The missile's targeting computer.

The Agents' sub is the centerpiece of the set. I'm not really that impressed. It's just a sub.


The front where the claw is, opens to reveal a compartment to store the treasure chest.

The front part has hidden missiles.


The computer is a slanted brick with a sticker.

Chase's sea scooter can be placed into the back of the Agents' sub. When done, the scooter looks like an propeller. Too bad the Inferno scooter doesn't attach to the Inferno ship.
Two instruction manuals. One covers the treasure chest, sea scooters,Inferno boat, and half of the Agents' sub. Two covers the other half of the Agents' sub.

Box shot. Sorry about the flash.
Comic strip.

Playability: 4 out of 5
Money Value:5 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
I should give it a 3, because as I said, I'm not a fan of water-themed toys. The only reason I gave it a four is because of Slime-Face. If you don't like Slime-Face, don't buy this set, unless you really like some other feature on it.

Next, the Power Miners Mine Mech.
Yo Joe and Duke94 out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Helpful information. Fortunate me I found your website accidentally, and I am
shocked why this coincidence didn't happened in advance!
I bookmarked it.

Also visit my site :: beer tasting