Monday, April 13, 2009

Lego Agents Mission 3 Gold Hunt review

Well being a G.I.Joe Sigma 6 fan, the Lego Agents were a dream come true. To have Lego sets where they fired guns, had a Mobile Command Center, and had awesome tech was awesome. The jet was one cool vehicle, while not on Sigma 6, it had a Sigma 6 look to it. And it still does. I love the Agents line, and this is one of the best Lego sets ever. Why? Read on.

The mini-figs included are Agent Fuse, Gold Tooth, and a henchman. Fuse and Gold Tooth were covered in this review, and the henchman in Mission 5.
Fuse includes no weapons, and has a helmet instead of his hairpiece. It stinks that Fuse doesn't have his hairpiece included in the set. Say I was a little kid that couldn't save up the money for the MCC, but I was given Mission 3 for my birthday. Well, when I played with my Agents, Fuse would be walking around with his helmet on all the time. This was one of the reasons I bought Mission 6 first, so that I could have the regular versions of the characters.
Gold Tooth includes a gold-plated pistol, but it the hairpiece is awesome! I can think of a thousand (Okay, maybe not that many.) ways to use this piece!
The henchman's sub-machine guns are awesome, even though they are a simple combination!
When I first saw the truck, I was like okay, whatever. It's a pick-up truck. A tall pick-up truck. the model is TALL! (See next two pictures.) None the less, I love this rig! There is nothing on it that should blow me away, but it does.
Gold Tooth: Me can't get in me truck because henchman stole me ladder!
The box shows that when you hit the target, the gold flies of the truck. Listen well, kids. What you see is not always what you get. I knew it was hype, but, hey, a guy can dream!

The back of the pick-up has a turning seat for the henchman to sit in, and fire his guns. Not a bad feature, but not a great one, either.

The missiles are a little crazy. They look more like laser cannons than missiles, besides where is the engine?

The plane. Wow. I love the design of this toy! (It strikes amazing resemblance to a blue angel!)


A look at the bottom of the plane.
You need to hold the plane a certain way to get both missiles to fire at the same time. This is the best way.

A picture of the jet's thruster. I've heard of barrel rolls, but this is ridiculous.
One seat in the cockpit, but you can store gear back there. (If Fuse came with any, mind you.)

One instruction manual.
Box shot. I forgot to take a picture of the comic strip this time, but you can see it here.

Playability:5 of 5
Value for money:5 of 5
Overall:5 of 5


Next Power Miners Thunder Driller.
Yo Joe and Duke94 out.

No comments: